Are you satisfied with your weightlifting speed, power, and strength? Are you unsure about how to construct the most effective plan for your weightlifting performance? Have you tried dieting only to struggle to achieve your desired body composition or level of performance? Have injuries stalled your progress or ability to drive harder?
If so, come learn from World Silver medalist, Olympian, and former national level Chinese coach Ma Jianping. This unique two-day weightlifting seminar will address technique and programming, as well as feature professionals in nutrition and mobility to raise your lifting performance and coaching skills to the next level. This is for coaches who want to improve their ability to coach the Olympic lifts and for experienced athletes who want to improve their ability to perform the lifts. The seminar will cover a variety of topics such as:
- Overview of the Chinese Weightlifting System
- Coach Ma’s programming tailoring the Chinese system to different classes of American lifters (novice, intermediate, masters)
- The proper execution and implementation of unique drills and assistance work
- Individual video analysis of snatch and clean & jerk
- Addressing common imbalances and learning flexibility/mobility techniques for injury prevention for the ankle, hips, and shoulder from a Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Bodyfat analysis and sports nutrition to optimize weightlifting performance, body composition and recovery
Do bring your lifting shoes, notebook, and food (although we plan to provide protein bar samples for participants to try). This is an interactive clinic where participants will learn from experts in their respective fields and have the opportunity to ask questions and participate in hands-on portions to improve your own coaching and lifting.
Enrollment per clinic is limited to 15-20 people so sign up early to reserve your spot. Olympic weightlifters, CrossFitters, USAW coaches, and even CSCSs are welcome.
Come ready to lift. Come ready to learn.
Dates: Saturday July 13 and Sunday July 14
Time: Saturday 12pm - 5pm, Sunday 9am - 1 pm (tentatively)
Where: Supreme Sports Performance & Training (SSPT), Rockville, MD
Head Coach, Lindenwood University, 2012-present
Head Coach, USA World University National Team Coach 2003-2007
Head Coach, Seychelles National Team 1992-1994
Head Coach, Chinese Jr National Team1990-1992
Olympian, 1984 Los Angeles Games
World Silver medalist
2 time World Bronze medalist